The Pink Room Burlesque presents: The 2nd Annual Mister Twin Peaks Pageant
Saturday, July 14, 2018; 11:30pm show; 11pm doors
Joe’s Pub 425 Lafayette Street, NYC 10003
$20 advanced/$25 door - Advanced tickets available at joespub.com
21+, 2 drink minimum
CAST TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
The Miss Twin Peaks Pageant has been going strong for over 7 years but it’s time to let the boys have a little fun! This will be the second Mister Twin Peaks Pageant hosted by The Pink Room Burlesque. Last year’s Mister Twin Peaks Pageant was packed with David Lynch burlesque fans and we have no doubt this year will be the same! Some of this year’s cast include some good ol’ classics like Special Agent Dale Cooper, but much like David Lynch we like to keep some of our cast a mystery.
The Pink Room Burlesque is a tribute to and satire of the works of David Lynch. Since the anniversary of Laura Palmer’s death in February of 2011, Francine and The Pink Room cast have covered everything from Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me, Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead & Inland Empire. Francine & The Pink Room were recently featured in Showtime documentary “The Phenomenon” and on ABC’s Nightline along with David Lynch & Kyle MacLachlan. Francine & The Pink Room also starred in the official Showtime pop-up “A Tribute to Twin Peaks” at Brooklyn Bazaar. To say the least, The Pink Room Burlesque is now “Lynch-approved”.
- “David Lynch is a fan. He’s on record of being a fan of (The Pink Room Burlesque).” - Gothamist
- “The performers of The Pink Room: David Lynch Burlesque, have been bringing the eerie, beloved town (of Twin Peaks) to New York stages for over six years, and know that fans are half the story.” - Paste Magazine
- “This Twin Peaks-themed burlesque performance was downright amazing.” –io9
- “’Twin Peaks’ Burlesque is the best thing to happen since (the) Log Lady.” – Huffington Post
- “David Lynch would love (The Pink Room Burlesque)” – Rolling Stone Italia
- “This burlesque group reimagine the world of David Lynch.” – Dazed
"Next Big Burlesque Act" – The Observer
For press inquiries please contact:
Francine “The Lucid Dream”
Francine “The Lucid Dream” is a singer, burlesque performer and producer of both The Pink Room & Dreamboat Burlesque. She is the reigning Queen of Como Lake, Italy & Miss Twin Peaks 2016. She has appeared on NBC’s Today, Showtime’s “Twin Peaks: The Phenomenon” , ABC’s Nightline as well as WNYC’s 44 Charlton at The Greene Space. Francine has had the honor of sharing the stage with Colin Quinn, Horatio Sanz, Murray Hill, Bridgett Everett and entertaining such notables as Lady Gaga, Donatella Versace, Kate Upton, Seth MacFarlane, Joaquin Phoenix & Jeremy Renner.
- “Lynchian Lovely." - The Daily News
- “Irrepressible burlesque gal about town." - The Villager
- “Nerdlesque all-star" "This singer-dancer is an alum of the UCB Theatre, and injects plenty of humor into her performances." – Time Out New York
- “Transcending traditional burlesque." NewNextNow.com
ABOUT JOE'S PUB AT THE PUBLIC Named for Public Theater founder Joe Papp, Joe's Pub at The Public opened in 1998 and plays a vital role in The Public's mission of supporting young artists while providing established artists with an intimate space to perform and develop new work. Joe's Pub consistently presents the best in live music and performance nightly, continuing its commitment to diversity, production values, community and artistic freedom. The organization also offers unique opportunities like New York Voices, an artist commissioning program that provides musicians the resources and tools needed to develop new original works. Commissioned artists have included Allen Toussaint, Ethan Lipton, Toshi Reagon, Bridget Everett, and more. In 2011, the Pub received a top-to-bottom renovation, leading to improved sightlines, expanded seating capacity and a new menu from acclaimed Chef Andrew Carmellini. With its intimate atmosphere and superior acoustics, Joe's Pub presents talent from all over the world as part of The Public's programming downtown at its Astor Place home, hosting approximately 800 shows and serving over 100,000 audience members annually.